The accompanying image is my first attempt using a spray bottle method I saw on Boho Berry's Youtube channel. Looks a little like Eurasia, doesn't it?
I've also picked up my spindle (I kinda had to put my spinning aside for the past four years, waiting for Lily to mature enough not to attack the suspended object every time I picked it up). Feels good to be spinning again :) I also have an arm-knitting project i the works; something else you can't do freely with a young kitten in the house.
"But why aren't you writing?" I can hear some people inquire.
Well, for several reasons:
- I refuse to give up this lovely opening scene, but can't decide in which character's POV it should be written.
- More ideas keep coming and I keep moving further away from my original seed of inspiration, which in itself is not a bad thing but is taking the story in a completely different direction and I don't know where it is leading me just yet.
- Minor characters are demanding bigger roles, so I have to figure out how to work them in. Particularly the animals--William, Kaiser and Mao--
- The original key element of the story--a crazy quilt--is losing status with this new direction the plot seems to be heading.
- The entire fictional town of Berryville wants to move from Illinois to another midwestern state; possibly my home state of North Dakota.